Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bed Rest....For Now

We had our sonogram scheduled today in order to check in on Brooklyn. She looked great and showed, that even though the umbilical cord condition is the same, she is growing and putting on adequate weight! This is great news! She showed of for us while we enjoyed watching her kick, move and even stick out her tongue! Her heart rate was around 153. However, one thing that the tech noticed was that my cervix is beginning to shorten. She asked me if I had been feeling contractions and oddly enough-I have been. Especially yesterday. I made several comments to multiple people that my stomach was tightening up quite a bit through out the day. It wasn't necessarily painful, but many times it would take my breath away. Obviously, something is going on. She's put me on temporary bedrest until atleast next week, pending some test results. Those results will determine what the next course of action is.

Keep praying that Brooklyn continues to grow and be safe though this whole process. We are so ready to meet this little girl but want her arrival to be at the best possible time!

No comments:

Post a Comment